Sunday, November 21, 2021

SEWING ROOM

Last week I put 2 coats of paint on the walls and ripped up the old carpet. Today my husband and I put some new hardwood floors down. We started this morning at 9 and we joked about having it finished by noon and we did just that. And we even took a break. He put the flooring down and I did the sawing and fetching. I must have gone up and down the stairs about 50 times. Good job I had my knee brace on. I went to Lowes and got some quarter round and we thought we would get that on before we seized up. Tomorrow I'll paint the quarter round. Then I can move my shelving, table and ironing board in there. It will be so nice to have somewhere to leave my ironing board set up and my sewing machine. I just love the way it turned out. I did a lot of purging before I could do this. Lots of things went to Charity. Let someone else make use of something I no longer need or use. 

Starting putting the flooring down.

Starting to put the flooring down.



The finished floor.

4 comments:

  1. the floor looks great! Yes it is nice to have a space of your own
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very nice! You will love your wood floor. So much easier to clean and having a place to keep your ironing board up will be a win win as well. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! You'll have to show us the room all done and set up! I'm still working on my "romper room." By the time it is finished, I'll be too old to manage the steps to get down to it LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete