Wednesday, September 9, 2009

BUTTERNUT SQUASH CAKE

This is a recipe for Butternut Squash Cake with cream cheese icing :)
It is so good. I am making this for our Autumn "Ladies of The Evening" at Quilts and Calicos in Exeter. This is a potluck supper and sewing night. There is usually around 12 ladies who come and we have a nice dinner and sew a project and just have a good time and a lot of laughs. Funny, when I drink a glass of wine, I sew better....go figure!!! :)

Here is the Recipe
Butternut Squash Cake
2 cups of Sugar
2 Tablespoons of cinnamon
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup canola oil or vegetable oil of your choice
2 cups of butternut squash (cooked)...you may use frozen
Cook and mash the butternut squash. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Put into a greased and floured 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Allow to cool.
Makes 12-14 servings.
Cream Cheese Icing
8 oz cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. confectioners sugar
Mix the ingredients together, adding the sugar in stages until the desired consistency.
Cover cake generously.
I mailed off my "Harvest Swap" package today for my swap partner Nancy. She should get it in about a week. They say 8 business days, but it usually gets to British Columbia from here a little sooner. I sure hope she likes everything.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm! Janet, that cake sounds wonderful! I'll have to give it a go. What quantity would you measure a "stick" of butter at?
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that DOES sound wonderful, kind of like zuccini cake??? I love them! Because I go to the States a lot, I do remember that a stick of butter is 1/2 C. It is kind of nice to buy my butter down there that way! :) Will have to give this one a try...get some veggies and cake at the same time! Ü Thanks for the recipe! Nancy

    ReplyDelete