Friday, August 14, 2009

Breakfast Smoothie

DH and I were on the road before 8 a.m. this morning and off to Park's Blueberries. We arrived just after 9 a.m. and I am so glad that we got there early. It was sooooo hot today. By 10:45 we had almost 20 lbs. of blueberries picked. Some of those berries were as big as grapes. We got weighed in and paid for them, then we went into their restaurant where they also sell all kinds of cookbooks, giftware and frozen pies, berries etc. We had some lunch and it was so good. I had the cream of cauliflower soup with a scone and DH had the blueberry french toast. We both had to have a piece of homemade blueberry pie for desert too. Couldn't pass on that!!!
I ended up buying some blueberry scones to take home and some blueberry buttertarts (to die for).
I just finished washing and freezing all of those blueberries and I will now have a supply over the winter for our breakfast smoothies. Blueberries are so good for you, I use them in our smoothies every day. I thought I would share the recipe, as it is very healthy and it gives you lots of energy, even at my age....LOL.

Breakfast Smoothie
1 banana
2 pineapple spears
1/2 cup of blueberries
1/2 cup of strawberries
4 Tablespoons of plain yogurt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 Tablespoons of protein powder ( I use hemp)
3/4 cup of orange juice
3/4 cup of apple cider
put all of this in a blender, first chop, then puree until smooth.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment