Wednesday, September 8, 2021

HORSE SHOW IN ALBERTA

I am home from Alberta. I left on Friday to go and judge a wonderful horse show. It was a big show and a great show with lots of gorgeous horses to judge. Long hours of judging. Saturday the show started at 8 am and finished at 11 pm. 15 hours of judging and I was so tired. Alberta is 2 hours behind us, so that was like 1 am Ontario time. I am in bed at 8 pm each night, so it was hard to stay alert until that time of night. Sunday was a 10 hour day so that was a little better. I am so glad to be home. I don't like flying and the flights were long.  4 hours each way and all the waiting time in airports, no thank you. I am just glad to be home. This is a picture of the futurity winner and the cheque and saddle that was given and the 4 judges.




3 comments:

  1. Sounds long and hard but a beautiful horse. My grand starts riding lessons next Tue she is over the moon
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if you were still judging shows. I see you are. I bet Alberta is pretty though if you were able to get out and see. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long days indeed. My father-in-law raised Arabians and I remember the preparation that went into the shows. Yikes. One of the trainers was out of Canada actually... ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete