Saturday, August 7, 2021

HOW DOES MY GARDEN GROW

Good morning friends! A little bit of rain this morning, but that's ok. I can get a break from watering and hoeing today. My garden keeps me pretty busy, but I just love being out there early in the morning. Here are a few shots of my sunflowers. My broccoli is coming along too and I love cream of broccoli soup, so in a couple of weeks it will be ready to harvest some. I made carrot ginger soup the other day with carrots from the garden and it was so good. I love the month of August when the insect sounds change and the evenings get nice and cool and the windows can be opened at night. I hope you all have a great weekend.
Blessings
~Janet





5 comments:

  1. lovely, the soups sound so good. I love a good soup and crusty bread in the fall I could eat that every day.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sunflowers. I planted a few this year and they make me smile ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...your sunflowers are glorious Janet!! That photo with then on the border and the trees and fields in the distance is just incredible. I always relied on the birds to "plant" sunflowers for me and they did in some of the most fun places for many years but, sadly, I haven't had any the past few years. Note to self: plant some sunflowers yourself next year. Love, love, homemade soups...you should share your recipes! I make a cream of carrot soup that I like, but never thought of ginger in it.... ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty sunflowers! They are my happy flower! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. Always a pleasure to read.

    ReplyDelete