Sunday, July 11, 2021

FLOWERS

Happy Sunday!! Well I thought I would be able to get outside and do some more gardening today, but the weather had a different idea. We are getting some rain and we are supposed to get rain all of this week. The second cut of hay needs to be cut and the wheat needs to come off, but not until the weather co-operates. I spent all day yesterday outside gardening as the weather was perfect for it, cloudy and in the 70's and no wind. We had a bonfire last night. It was so nice sitting by fire having a nice glass of wine. The fire was just mesmerizing. I need to get some of my hydrangeas cut and hang them to dry. It is so nice this time of year to have fresh cut flowers from the garden. 
Hoping you all have a great day!
Blessings
~Janet



4 comments:

  1. your flowers are lovely. We have gotten that rain here no complaints as we needed it. it was nice yesterday and will be today. We are off to a garden walk this afternoon and then dinner on the porch with friends to wait and see if the fireflies come out tonight.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rained all day here too. Lovely flowers! Hope you get your hay and wheat out. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are getting the weather we had last week. The past few days, though, have been beautiful...although a bit chillier at night than I prefer it. (I'm a nightowl and love going outside and sitting at night....and even in the house I have to put on warmer clothes when evening settles in). Your flowers are so beautiful....I adore speedwell.... I always plant flowers thinking they will make for good cutting, but then hesitate to cut them as they look so pretty outside LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. I love the look of gooseneck loosestrife but I will NEVER plant it again. At my previous house, it was out of control and try as I might, I could not contain it!

    ReplyDelete