Thursday, November 13, 2014

A SAD TIME

Last night my beloved cat Kenya passed away. I have been nursing her for weeks. She had a liver disease and my Vet told me it was a 50/50 chance whether she would make it. I guess it was not meant to be. I brought her home on the plane 3,000 miles after my father passed away 2 and a half years ago. I made a promise to him I would look after her if anything were to happen to him.
Kenya was not a cuddle cat by any means, but she would sit on the arm of the sofa and love me to rub her head. If I stopped, she would put her paw on me as if to say........more please. I am sure she knew she was truly loved and I will miss her deeply. She is now buried on our farm.
This is a picture of her shortly after she came home to live with us.
~Janet

6 comments:

  1. Oh no Janet! I am so sorry for you lost your kitty.
    ((Hugs))
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for your loss...what a good little friend to sit on the arm of your chair...love when they tap like that...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry.
    Run fast and free, sweet Kenya.
    {{Hugs}}
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mao so sorry you lost your beloved kitty, my heart hurts for you.Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear of Kenya's passing. She looks like she was a beautiful cat. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete