Wednesday, October 17, 2012

AUTUMN GATHERING

Last night I hosted a dinner gathering for our little sewing group. I always have the autumn one as this is my favorite time of year. I am pretty sure this is our 6th year of having these dinner/sewing gatherings. We take turns having them at each other's homes. We have appetizers, wine, dinner and then we hand sew until we get tired enough to go home. The menu last night consisted of Butternut squash and apple soup, broccoli and cheese quiche, mushroom and spinach quiche, mixed salad greens, and pumpkin pie and caramel banana cake served with hot tea for desert. Appetizers were served ahead of the meal, three cheese and onion dip with veggies and hot garlic, onion and asiago cheese dip with crackers. I think we all had a great time. I don't think I'll be able to eat until tonight. I am still full :)
The table was set

Linda, Mary and Michelle enjoying a glass of wine and some appetizers

Brenda

Shirley

and Me


9 comments:

  1. WOW! Your menu sounds wonderful.How blessed you are to have friends to spend fun times with. Bet you all had a blast. Caramel banana cake..... got any left?? Sounds so yummmy! Have a good day.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table looks lovely Janet. The food sounds delicious and I'm full reading about it....LOL!! Very nice to be able to all get together for the gatherings. Great friends, food and conversations. What fun!
    Your home looks lovely and fall-ish. A favourite time of the year.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Janet~

    Sounds like a wonderful evening. Here's to good food & good friends.

    Have a wonderful day~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet, such a wonderful table setting and the menu sounds yummy...great time had by all...love that prim yellow cupboard in the background...nice....Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice time together with friends.
    You table looks wonderful and everything sounds yummy.
    I can see why you are still full.
    Blessings~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet I am still smacking my lips over your wonderful meal. Thank you so much for your generous spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your menu sounds simply delicious Janet. How wonderful to have such a fun group of ladies to get together with. Greetings, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a wonderful time...and wonderful food.

    ReplyDelete