Sunday, September 9, 2012

MY DREAM IS COMING TRUE

My dream is coming true. I have always wanted a little cabin in our woods so this year DH is building me one. I am so excited! He has it all framed and he has ordered the pine for the walls and the steel for the roof. There will be a pine floor and a wood stove in it. Our neighbor behind us gave me an old door and windows so they will be installed. He has been working diligently on it and it looks wonderful. I can't wait for it to be finished. Here are a couple of pictures so far.
The "Olde Crow's Cabin"

The "Olde Crow's Cabin" ..... a view from above
Last Thursday we had our sewing gathering and dinner at Linda's log house. Linda made us such a delicious dinner. We had home made sweet potato rolls, salad, and a choice of french onion soup or seafood chowder. Seafood chowder was my choice and it was so delicious. I just couldn't stop eating those sweet potato rolls :) For desert there was rice pudding or bread pudding. We enjoyed dinner with a nice glass of wine. I had to leave bright and early the next morning to go to Michigan to judge on Saturday. I stopped in to say hello to Dawn, owner of Holly Hills Primitives on the way. She was busy setting up for an open house with her friend Peggy at Peggy's home in Goodrich Mi. What a wonderful setting for an Open House. So many great primitive things they had for sale. I was lucky to see a preview before they opened. It was great meeting Peggy and her mom and everyone else that was helping, and great to see Dawn again.


Our sewing gathering at Linda's log house last Thursday night.

Mary with her latest quilt. She is putting the binding on.

8 comments:

  1. That cabin is going to be so neat! What fun! Looks like a great time at the sewing gathering. I bet Linda's home is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet, lucky you, sweet cabin. Yes, looks like alot of fun going on in the sewing room,beautiful log home to. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful, Janet. Is this going to be your quilting studio? If so, lucky you! I can't wait to see it all finished.

    Your dinner sounds yummy...especially the seafood chowder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was SOOO great to see you Janet! Did you end up going to the outlets and antique shop. Did you find your laundry tub??? Can't wait to see more pictures of the log cabin, it is going to be fantastic. Keep us updated with the progress. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cool...can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog! Oh, your little cabin in the woods is just what I want too, LOL! Pls keep us posted (so I can show my hubby!) ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure will. I think we all need a little cabin in the woods :)

      Delete
  7. How wonderful Janet! It's so nice when long time hopes and dreams come true.(Especially when your husband is involved) I can't wait to see how you decorate this sweet little cabin to be. Please keep us posted with updates and photos. BTW, Congratulations on the new job, sounds perfect. Have a lovely day, Julie.

    ReplyDelete