Saturday, June 11, 2011

WHAT I'VE BEEN WORKING ON

This is what I have been working on this week, one of my gardens. I have it all weeded out and DH brought me some large rocks from around the farm so that I could put them in front of the garden. I was always having problems with little stones getting into the garden because the driveway is right in front of it. This way there is a separation.
DH and I got up early this morning and went to the Farmer's Market at the Western Fair grounds in London and got some great things. We got some fresh eggs, apple cider, fresh vegetables, smoked ham for sandwiches, tomatoes, meat pies, and lots of other fresh goods. We had breakfast there too. They have delicious breakfasts and we always have the bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich. Well, back to my gardens. I have many  more to work on. My friend Brenda gave me some great herbs yesterday, some Lovage, which is great in soups and stews, some Garlic Chives, and some Borage. I stopped in at my friend Shirley's Quilt shop on the way home from Brenda's and Shirley gave me some Salad Bernet. So I have all of the new plants replanted also.

Showing the newly added rocks in front of the garden




one of my birdhouses in the garden

Butterfly house in the garden
My little Herb Garden

6 comments:

  1. Hi Janet~

    Your stone border looks fabulous!! Love your herb garden. Wonderful idea.

    Enjoy your day~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, everything is beautiful!
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet: I love your garden - it is beautiful. I also like the furniture in the background on the porch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks beautiful Janet. The stones finish it off just perfectly. Lots of hard work for you but I'm sure you are very pleased with the results. Great pictures!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete