Friday, September 4, 2009

BACK TO SCHOOL

Well today I went in to write my entrance exam for College. I was so nervous about it, I never slept at all last night. They gave me 4 hours to complete the test, but I had it finished in just under 2. They called me this afternoon and told me that I had passed with flying colours so I was VERY happy! I never thought I would be going back to school at 53. Oh well, I guess it is never too late. I will be taking Internet Graphic Design. I have taken a few night courses and I really like it, so starting in November I will be going full time for 1 full year.
I am going North tomorrow to look at Woodburning Cookstoves for my summer kitchen. Hopefully I can find one at a reasonable price. I plan on hitting the road around 7 a.m. as it is almost a two hour drive. I think I will stop at a Tim Horton's on the way up and grab one of those sausage breakfast sandwiches :) I just love them!
On the way home, I'll be able to Stop at Quilts and Calicos Quilt shop in Exeter and pick up some fabric for Ladies of The Evening next Friday night. It is potluck supper, wine drinking and sewing from 5 p.m. until midnight (if you can last that long...LOL). Last year, my sister was visiting me from B.C. and she got to come with me. She had a great time, lots to eat and a lot of nice ladies to sew with. We do this in the spring and fall and I don't think I have missed one yet.
Well I had better get off of this computer, I have to get up early.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Janet! Congrats on passing the test - and with flying colours at that!!!!! I'm so proud of you! You must be thrilled! I bet you're looking forward to your class - you'll do great!
    Love, Aud
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete