Thursday, August 13, 2009

HARVEST SWAP

I received an email from Char from the PICKLED PEPPER PATCH on Tuesday with the name of my swapping partner. I have started making the things that I will be sending to her. I was pleasantly surprised to see that she is also from Canada. British Columbia to be exact. That is so funny.....all of my family is out there, and so is my favorite store, "The Weathered Rooster". I am really looking forward to this as Autumn is my favorite time of year. I really enjoy creating things for this season. I just hope she will like everything. I know it is something that I would like :)

I finally finished the Website that I was doing for the Quilters Guild that I belong to. It took a lot of time, but I think it looks awesome!! http://huronperthquiltersguild.webs.com/
DH says that I am turning into a real computer Geek....not! I am afraid I have a long way to go before you can call me that. I really love working with computers.

I have been working in my flower beds all week. The hollyhocks are coming to an end :(
I just love the garden when everything is in full bloom. Now I can think of fall mums and pumpkins....I just love those things! I guess unemployment isn't that bad, it gives you time to do the things that you really like.

DH and I are getting up really early tomorrow morning and going blueberry picking. I will be freezing some for use over the winter. I told him I would buy him lunch as they have a really nice little restaurant there. Lots of things made with blueberries.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet. That's nice that you're in a harvest swap! How fun! Would love to see what you end up sending and what you get from your partner (and a link to her blog would be nice, too!) :->. So, you must post pics!!! I hope you enjoy your blueberry picking and it's not too hot. Our blueberry season has been phenomenal out here in B.C. Love, Aud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet! I'm your swap partner!! :) I can't wait, it is nice that Char put us together..with the confirmation numbers and things it seems to take no time to get thing to the states but forever to get here. I'm starting my swap this week so if there is anything that you would rather NOT receive (and I think we have pretty similar likes) just let me know. The Weathered Rooster....well my friend has most of her house decorated from there! Small world, getting smaller every day. There is another store in Calgary that is the same, so since my kids live there....LOVE to shop! Can't wait for this, I think you have already checked out my blog so keep watching for updates when things get back to normal here. Pleased to "meet" you! Nancy

    ReplyDelete